Monday, September 1, 2008

My cupcakes bring all the boys to the yard...

Well, i would be lying if i said that my cupcake adventure was a success. Sales were terrible. I had anticipated that they were going to be a huge seller, but i was wrong. Upset? yes! I spent a ton of money getting this thing going, and time and lost sleep, and hopfully no friendships... But i think that now that i have had some time to think about what happened, the only thing i regret is buying soooooooo many ingredients. Any one need flour of powdered sugar? i have 200 lbs of each of them left...It has been a tough couple of weeks working up to this, as I'm sure you know in loo of my disappearance. So this is a long one just so i Can get you to speed on what has been going on. So Thursday night i was baking till 11:30 at night. Then i was back at Mimmas at 9 am the next morning to bake more. Oh forgot to tell you on Thursday night i totally fell on my ass in the kitchen and cupcake batter was everywhere on me. The funny part, was it was red velvet and when it was all over me it looked like i was in a horror movie and had been stabbed, like i was bleeding all over. Needless to say i think that it was my comic relief moment. I was crying i was laughing so hard. It was so nice to laugh at myself at that moment... i was so stressed. Ok so then i "sold" cupcakes (note i use the term sold very lightly) Thursday until 11:30. Back to it Friday morn at 9am. took a short break to go on a Harley ride with State farm, that's what we will call him, ( i will fill you in on him so enough) then back to selling. I was there until o geez 2:30 am. That was a fun night! Special thanks to sprint who grew a very large pair of balloon boobs and was the life of the party! Girl you can sling some cupcakes, and have tons of fun doing it... if i open up shop, I'm coming to you to be my sales chica! oh and i was paid to smash cupcakes in peoples faces! Long story... then back "selling" again at about 4 on sat. It was crazy. I really thought that i had a great idea doing this... . Its not that i don't want to not go on with the cupcake thing, i just thought they would have sold better. YUP! Add yet anther notch to the board of my latest failures. I wont give up. I will promise mself that much. I understand that this is gong to be hard work. I did have tons of people take cards... as of now they have not contated me, but i will keep my fingers crossed. Oh! i met the Milwaukee Cupcake queen. she asked if i was interested in doing iron cupcake... i will have to get more info, I'm not sure what it all entails or what the hell it is. So for now i am at home with my leftover 200 cupcakes and my stack of receipts... boy, i really am trying to find the good in all of this i really am, but i am EXHAUSTED. It was a good learning experience, i just need to figure it out from here.

No comments: